Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Gluten-free banana bread

Made banana bread last Sunday morning, adapted from this recipe I found at the Taste of Home website. I wish I had a picture of it! The recipe made two loaves, and they went quickly. Lovely, moist, and you couldn't tell it was GF.

Had just a little left over that I had tucked away after Sunday breakfast -- meant to put it in dh's lunch but overlooked it -- and the other GF member of the family found it in the fridge Monday morning, ate some and pronounced it almost as good as warm-out-of-the-oven. Still moist, holding together well, still yummy.

My adaptation: used my own GF mix (which I probably got from Living Without magazine) and added a teaspoon of guar gum. Also left off the nuts.

My current GF flour mix, residing in my refrigerator:

2 parts brown rice flour
2 parts white rice flour
1 part tapioca starch
1 part potato starch

No comments:

Post a Comment