Saturday, June 1, 2013

Paleo-style breakfast

I am going to have to be more mindful about keeping the camera handy. This morning's breakfast is a case in point.

We picked up some lovely Swiss chard at Bountiful Baskets this morning. I fried up a pound of chicken sage breakfast sausage meat in a bit of coconut oil (the chicken wasn't fatty enough to cook without added oil). When the meat was nicely browned, I removed it from the pan, added a wee bit more coconut oil, then dumped a heap of chopped chard into the pan. Stirring occasionally, we let it cook down, then sprinkled balsamic over it, followed by Trader Joe's 21 Salute Seasoning. On a plate, paired with the meat, it looked (and tasted) scrumptious.

One of the things I appeciate about Paleo is that this kind of meal sticks with me for hours. I don't get hungry, or shaky from low blood sugar.

I want to tell you about the funny thing that happened at New Seasons this afternoon, but it'll have to wait for another post.

No comments:

Post a Comment